About The Way to Happiness
The grass-roots demand for this booklet is world-wide, and the precepts are applied by tens of millions around the planet, by men, women and children from every conceivable station in life — from Moscow police officers to convicts serving life sentences in San Quentin, from schoolchildren in Zimbabwe and Beverly Hills to heads of state. It applies to any person’s life, anywhere.
In The Way to Happiness is a detailed description of each precept, including how it works and how to apply it in life.
The 21 precepts are as follows:
1. Take Care of Yourself
2. Be Temperate
3. Don’t Be Promiscuous
4. Love and Help Children
5. Honour and Help Your Parents
6. Set a Good Example
7. Seek to Live With the Truth
8. Do Not Murder
9. Don’t Do Anything Illegal
10. Support a Government Designed and Run for All the People
11. Do Not Harm a Person of Good Will
12. Safeguard and Improve Your Environment
13. Do Not Steal
14. Be Worthy of Trust
15. Fulfil Your Obligations
16. Be Industrious
17. Be Competent
18. Respect the Religious Beliefs of Others
19. Try Not to Do Things to Others That You Would Not Like Them to Do to You
20. Try to Treat Others As You Would Want Them to Treat You
21. Flourish and Prosper
More than 53 million booklets are in circulation worldwide. The Way to Happiness is a tool which can help anybody who wants to lead a better, happier life.
For a complimentary copy of The Way to Happiness, write to The Way to Happiness Foundation, Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 4JY.